The proceedings of the 3rd Workshop on Awareness and Reflection in Technology-Enhanced learning are now freely available at http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-1103/
We had a good amount of submissions, but not all papers could be accepted. After the review eight papers got accepted. They are:
– “Linking reflective learning and knowledge maturing in organizations” written by Birgit R. Krogstie, Andreas P. Schmidt, Christine Kunzmann, John Krogstie, Simone Mora
– “Reflection – quantifying a rare good” written by Thomas Daniel Ullmann, Fridolin Wild, Peter Scott
– “Support for collaborative reflection in healthcare: Comparing two workplaces” written by Michael Prilla, Martin Degeling
– “Modeling computer-supported reflective learning: combining a high-level timeline view with reflection cycles and tool use” written by Birgit R. Krogstie, John Krogstie, Michael Prilla
– “Improving awareness and reflection through collaborative, interactive visualizations of badges” written by Sven Charleer, Joris Klerkx, Jose Luis Santos, Erik Duval
– “Feeler: feel good and learn better. A tool for promoting reflection about learning and well-being” written by Eva Durall, Tarmo Toikkanen
– “SpirOnto: Semantically enhanced patient records for reflective learning on spiritual care in palliative care” written by Christine Kunzmann, Traugott Roser, Andreas P. Schmidt, Tanja Stiehl
– “REFLECT: Community-driven scaffolding for voice-enabled reflection on the go” written by Andreas P. Schmidt, Christine Kunzmann, Graham Attwell, Elizabeth Chan, Marius Heinemann-Grüder, Jenny Hughes, Wenlin Lan, Andreas Vratny, Andreas Heberle
The editorial contains the mind-map on the future challenges for awareness and reflection in technology enhanced learning. This was the direct result of the interactive session of the workshop. In addition the twitter backchannel #artel13 was captured with a wordcloud, summing up all tweets in one picture.
This was now the 3rd consecutive workshop at the ECTEL conference and the fifth workshop of a successful workshop series about awareness and reflection in TEL.
I would like to say thanks to all making this workshop a success. Special thanks belongs to our reviewers. They are listed in the programme committee section of the editorial.
If you are interest in all previous workshops and their proceedings, please visit http://teleurope.eu/artel13
We have a dedicated group on Awareness and Reflection on TELeurope. This is the perfect place to stay updated and to get connected with us and other researchers in this area. Just join the Awareness and Reflection Group on TELeurope.eu: http://teleurope.eu/artel